The 3 Types of SEO Your Business Needs To Succeed
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) are any activities that help improve your online visibility on search engine results pages (SERPs) and organically increase your site traffic. A lot of businesses today are well aware of and strive to implement SEO best practices so that they too can end up among the first ten searches on Google. Although we have covered the SEO topic extensively, discussing the various ways to rank better on Google and conduct successful keyword searches, today we wanted to zoom out a little and talk about the different types of SEO that come together to enable a complex process.
We say it’s complex because SEO is not just about following the various rules that satisfy search engine ranking factors, but it’s also about simultaneously keeping your users happy. By learning about the types of SEO, and the kinds of SEO techniques applicable for each type, you will be better able to structure your SEO marketing strategy and create a campaign that drives impressive organic results for your business. This information will also help you choose the right SEO services in Kuwait to market your website, and can even empower you to make some changes yourself before handing it off to a specialist.
So let’s get right to it!
On-page SEO is all about optimizing website elements and is one of the easiest ways to boost website visibility. It includes:
- SEO keyword research - By strategically incorporating relevant keywords that users search for into your website content, you can improve your website’s visibility and relevance on search engines.
- Content - Write original and high-quality content that is based on users’ search intent. Use variations of your keywords in your title and throughout your content. However, remember that quality SEO content is both search engine-friendly and user-friendly, in that it focuses on the needs and interests of the target audience.
- URL structure - The way a website’s URLs are designed and organized and whether or not relevant keywords are incorporated in them, can impact your website’s rankings. Generally, it’s better to avoid numbers and instead use dashes (-) to separate your page tiles and keywords.
- Title tag & Meta description - A title tag is a shortened version of your page title which includes the primary and secondary keywords, as well as the brand name. A meta description, on the other hand, is a short summary of your webpage that includes your keywords, synonyms, and related latent semantic indexing (LSI) terms. It should potentially encourage people to click on your page.
- Images - Image SEO in Kuwait includes optimizing image titles, file names, alt texts, and captions. This will help increase your website’s visibility to search engine crawlers.
- Internal linking - When you enrich your website with internal links, search engines can seamlessly explore your website’s architecture and hierarchy and uncover related content. In fact, linking allows users to easily access relevant content on your website as well, without making any additional clicks.
- Page formatting - Of course, Google cannot really “see” a page like a person. But it has methods to understand the layout of a page. This means that if your page is a random mixture of texts and images or if it’s full of ads and pop-ups, it will definitely have a negative impact on your ranking. On the other hand, a clear site structure will make it easy for users as well as search engines to navigate and understand your website’s content.
- Off-page SEO
While on-page SEO includes optimizing elements that are on your site and is more concerned with website infrastructure and content, off-page SEO involves optimizations that happen off your site but still influence your site’s performance. SEO development companies can convey the trustworthiness and relevance of your website through off-page SEO by including:
- Backlinks – Although it takes time to acquire inbound links, developing the right approach to have high-quality websites include links to your site can instantly increase your rankings and domain authority. One way to build backlinks is by guest blogging for another website in exchange for them including a backlink to your own website. Another technique is to respond to journalists’ and reporters' queries directed to certain industry experts. Offering them a quote or information related to your area of expertise will help you gain media exposure and earn backlinks from their articles.
- Reviews - List your business on Google and other famous review sites like Yelp and then devise a strategy for collecting customers reviews and testimonials on these sites.
- Brand signals - Social media marketing is a great direct and indirect contributor for off-page SEO. Even when people simply enter your company’s name in the search box or interact with your social media profiles, Google is notified of the credibility of your business. Additionally, the more chatter there is on social media about your website and its content, the easier it becomes for search engines to find your website. Content that has been reshared on social media can generate conversations and send a ton of organic traffic your way, boosting your website’s SEO.
- Internet ads - SEO specialists in Kuwait can also drive traffic and generate leads for your website by placing paid ads on external websites and search engines.
- Technical SEO
Technical SEO is the foundation to your SEO efforts. It includes on-site auditing and optimization of elements such as crawling, indexing, rendering, and website architecture. Even though technical SEO is an area usually covered during building a business’s website, you should regularly monitor your site’s performance and fix errors. Technical SEO focuses on improving the functionality and efficiency of your website. Techniques that can achieve this include:
- Site speed - The load time of your website has a huge impact on bounce rates and is an important factor for on-page SEO. By using SEO techniques like using a secure HTTPS connection, optimizing HTML codes, caching media information, refining meta tags, reducing page redirects, and compressing media size, you can significantly fasten your website’s loading speed.
- Mobile-friendliness - The design and functionality of a website should be optimized for viewing on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. Doing this will ensure your website’s responsiveness to different screen sizes and its ease of navigation. Ever since Google has created a mobile-first index and has starting indexing mobile friendly versions of websites over their desktop counterparts, you should be extra cautious to ensure that your website is mobile-friendly tested, loads fast on mobile, is easy to use on mobile, and the mobile user experience is not disturbed by interstitial banners and other aggressive ads and popups.
- Crawl error identification - This is the process of looking for and fixing errors like broken links, missing pages, and other bugs that can prevent search engines from accessing your content. Proactively fixing crawl errors can improve search engine visibility and ranking.
- Keyword cannibalization audit - This audit tries to identify instances on a website where multiple pages compete for same/similar keywords, diluting search engine visibility.
- Duplicate content audit - Be sure to fix duplicate content on your website as it can negatively impact search engine rankings.
And to make SEO easier to handle, the entire process is broken down into 3 sub-processes or types. Although in the beginning you can get away with just focusing on on-page SEO, only a comprehensive combination of the 3 types of SEO will help you witness impressive results. Design Master, a leading SEO service company in Kuwait, employs SEO experts in Kuwait who understand that SEO is one of the most powerful digital marketing tools for websites, and can help you produce the dual goal of high visibility and improved user experience.
Are you ready to create an SEO campaign that drives better results for your business? Get in touch with us to learn more!