Your Guide To Facebook Marketing
With over 2.29 billion daily users, Facebook is singularly the most used social media platform in the world. And contrary to the popular myth, it’s not solely a space for the older generation. According to a social media trend study conducted by Hootsuite, over 50% of internet users between the ages 16-24 use Facebook as a primary source for brand research. Needless to say, such a large pool of audience is an incredible opportunity for small businesses to maximize their online visibility.
An effective Instagram and Facebook marketing company in Kuwait is what will keep your business alive in today’s era of cut-throat competition. If your business hasn’t already taken advantage of a platform like Facebook that boasts daily active users amounting to 20% of the world population (let that sink in), then you should start now. Don’t fret, it’s never too late. To learn more about how you can use Facebook to build brand awareness, drive web traffic, and generate sales, read on….
Any kind of social media marketing requires a long-term commitment, consistency, and a drive to build an authentic relationship with the audience. If you are determined to put in the work, you can formulate a marketing strategy that fits almost any budget. With the help of an internet marketing company, you may choose to utilize Facebook’s paid ads feature or simply implement a free marketing solution.
Facebook’s paid route includes four main ad types:
- Image Ads are static ads that have a 40-character headline limit and a 125-character message limit. They make for great Call-to-actions (CTAs).
- Video Ads, when clear in its message and of a high quality, can be a great tool for showcasing a product, featuring customer testimonials, or boosting your brand’s image.
- Carousel Ads allows users to scroll through images that portray multiple angles of the same product. If you’re an e-commerce business, this will be your go-to.
- Collection Ads are essentially collections of images that you can use to show your products. However, the character limit is not ideal if you wish to include a good chunk of information.
Costs for these ads are not set. You bid on ad slots across the platform depending on how bad you want a particular slot.
If you’re a small business or if you simply want to streamline your marketing budget, you might not wish to invest copious amounts of money in marketing. This article will mainly focus on creating an organic content marketing strategy on Facebook, which’s promotional and advertising influence cannot be underestimated. Paid advertisement can be a great supplement once you’ve already established your brand’s presence on the platform. Check out this guide:
1. Set Goals
Setting the right goals is the first step to any marketing strategy. Concrete goals that are set in the beginning will help you gauge for yourself whether or not you ended up achieving them. Here are some of the top goals that marketers list in order of popularity:
- Increase brand awareness
- Increase community engagement
- Sales/Lead generation
- Increase web traffic
- Distribute Content
Your goals can be one of these, a combination of these, or something totally different. The purpose of setting goals is to ensure that your strategy is catered to your specific marketing needs.
2. Know Your Audience
Perform research to get some insight into the demographic that is on Facebook and whether or not it aligns with the type of audience you’re seeking for your products/services. Remember, it’s not just about the amount of followers your page has, it’s about how many of those followers are likely to engage with your content and purchase your product. Tools like Google Analytics as well as customer feedback surveys used by social media marketing companies in Kuwait can help you identify the common traits shared by your audience so that you can cater your content to them.
Once you get a basic idea of your target audience, you can actually build a custom audience on Facebook. A customer profile can be uploaded which Facebook will use to generate a lookalike audience. You are free to narrow your target audience or retarget customers in the future.
3. Create an Account
Once you’ve done all the background work, it’s time to set up an account.
- Choose the option to create a business “page”, not a personal profile.
- Add a high-quality profile picture for your brand. This will serve as your first impression, so go for something that is immediately recognizable (e.g., a logo).
- Pick a cover photo to express your page’s identity. It is large and horizontal and will span the top of your page so find a good balance between something that is both visual and simple.
- Add a succinct description about your business that conveys your brand’s personality. Aside from your page, this will also appear in search results.
- Create a unique username that will help people easily find and remember your page.
- Customize your page by adding shortcuts, assigning page roles, organizing your tabs, adding CTAs, verifying your page, etc.
4. Plan Content
Expanding your reach is all about posting quality content. It is through your content that new users will get to know, like, and follow you. Once a level of trust is established, they might end up making a purchase from you. You can diversify your content strategy by playing around with these formats:
- Facebook Text posts cannot be published with links so they don’t really increase web traffic. However, they can be used to grow your page audience. It’s great for storytelling.
- Images on Facebook receive 2.3x more engagement than non-visual posts. Keep your image posts consistent, highly visual, and personable.
- Facebook links are a great way to share content that you publish on your website. Summarize your content in a couple of witty or relatable statements and include a meta description with each post.
- Pre-produced Facebook videos that are longer in length are prioritized by Facebook’s algorithm because it increases the amount of time users spend on the app. Since the platform auto-plays videos without sound, try to create videos that have a compelling beginning and can be understood by simply scrolling through the page. You can utilize additional features like polls and 360° panoramic modes.
- Facebook live offers live-streaming which can be used to showcase the brand’s company culture and build meaningful relationships with followers. It receives 6x the interaction as pre-produced videos. Keep your viewers engaged by encouraging comments and re-introduce yourself every now and then for new users that may have joined.
- Facebook stories offer a vertical format and disappear after 24 hours. These stories can be organic or ad-based. Even though they can be embellished with links, stickers, texts, graphic, etc., keep them to a minimum. Your Kuwait digital marketing company may choose to cross-post stories from other social media platforms.
- Facebook Instant Articles can be used to post content that can be accessed by users without leaving the app. Because this feature reduces the chances of poor user experience, users are 20% more likely to engage with the content.
Once you’ve decided the kind of posts you wish to share, create a social media content calendar and schedule them. The time at which and frequency with which you should post depends on your specific goals, region, and target audience.
5. Track & Analyze Results
Keep an eye on the metrics that you had earlier set goals for. Facebook’s Page Insights tool can help you get information on your net likes, reach, page views, as well individual reports on your posts.
- Follower demographic information will help you assess whether your Facebook followers align with your target audience and if they can convert into potential customers.
- The number of unfollows you get will give you an idea of how good you are at retaining followers.
- It’s far more efficient to prioritize your appearance at the places where the following happened (search page, account page, etc.).
- Looking at the actions on your page like click-through rates will let you see if your organic content is successful in getting people to visit your website, call your business, etc.
- If you view your success by post type, you will better be able to streamline your strategy in publishing posts that drive the most engagement.
The pool of businesses on Facebook is large, and in order to succeed you have to stand out. This requires considerable experimentation and re-strategizing. Luckily, Facebook’s collection of tools allows you to understand your target audience before you start posting. You can then choose from a plethora of multimedia content options and observe Page Insights to determine what on your page is the most popular.
Make the most of this opportunity by hiring Design Master, one of the best social media marketing companies in Kuwait. We will manage your page, content, and ads, not only for Facebook but other social media platforms as well. Our team of SEO professionals in Kuwait can give you a far greater insight about your social media performance by employing unique metrics and supplementing them with their professional analyses.
Contact us here to get started!